House of Reps member, Farah Dagogo who was declared wanted by Governor Nyesom Wike has proclaimed that the governor did that in order to prevent him from attending today’s screening for the governorship seat in Rivers.
Dagogo, like Wike, is a member of the Peoples Democratic Party and represents the federal constituency of Bonny-Degema.
Dagogo fiercely refuted Wike’s claim, tying him to cults, in a statement issued by his SA Media and Publicity Director, Ibrahim Lawal.
Wike accused him of arranging cultists to disrupt the screening of National and State Assembly hopefuls by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
Dagogo dismissed the charge as ridiculous, noting that he is neither running for a National or State Assembly seat and was not even near the Port Harcourt screening place.
Read the full statement:
- Hon. Doctor Farah Dagogo is not a cultist and did not send anyone to disrupt the screening exercise.
- Hon. Doctor Farah Dagogo was never at the Party Secretariat where the screening process took place. He is Governorship aspirant and not National or State Assembly aspirant.
- The Governor has taken the decision to credit Hon. Dagogo as sponsor of Cultists in order to stop the screening of Hon. Doctor Farah Dagogo scheduled for tomorrow, April 28, 2022, for the Governorship position of Rivers State.
- That the directives for the arrest of Hon. Dagogo violates the spirits of Section 14 and 33 of the Constitution of the Frderal Republic of Nigeria, 1999 (As Amended).
- That the Inspector General of Police should direct the Commissioner of Police, Rivers State not to heed to the directives of the Governor in this circumstance. If the Commissioner of Police, Rivers State considers it incumbent to invite Hon. Doctor Farah Dagogo, he is willing to make himself available on the receipt of an official invite from the police after tomorrow’s screening and not before.
- Hon. Doctor Farah Dagogo is a respectable and law-abiding Federal Lawmaker representing the people of Degema/Bonny Federal Constituency in the House of Representatives
- The National Chairman of the PDP is invited to urgently investigate the matters.
- Civil Society Organizations are urged to protect democracy in Nigeria.