If you a Nigerian seeking to migrate from the West African country, here are 12 countries where you can buy citizenship and also get a second passport.
There are so many reasons you might want to migrate from Nigeria, from harsh economic conditions, to insecurity and poor standard of life. Many Nigerians are daily seeking an escape route from the country.
It is not the case that some are not happy living in Nigeria, but you’d agree with me that 2/3 people reading this article would be open to migrating to another country.
Leaving Nigeria is one thing, but actually being accepted where you are going is another.
It is never advisable to travel to another country with the wrong documents. This is only likely to make your life miserable there.
Below are 12 countries where you can buy a citizenship and ‘escape from Nigeria’
- St. Kitts & Nevis: The Caribbean already offers Visa-free travel, and now they are offering 23% discount on citizenship till the end of 2020.
- Antigua and Barbuda: With a donation of $100,000 to the country’s development fund, plus a real estate investment, you are going to get the citizenship of the twin-island nation.
- Cyprus: The European country has become a popular escape route for many Nigerians, and I am sure you known one or two persons who have migrated there. But one thing you might not know is how. To get a citizenship in Cyprus, you’ll need to spend about $2.5 million between donations and real estate investments.
- Austria: Personally, I love this country, but I must say, getting a citizenship there is no easy task. To get one you’ll need to make a minimum investment of about $3.5 million.
- Malta: To get a citizenship in this country, it’ll cost you approximately $1.1 million through a combination of donations and real estate holdings.
- Grenada: Getting a Grenada passport is sure hotcake, with it you can get visa-free access to many countries, including China. And you can get the passport with $150,000.
- Dominica: The tiny Caribbean island of Dominica is highly welcoming to visitors, to get a citizenship there is not hard either. All you need to do is either make a contribution to the Economic Diversification Fund or invest in luxury and sustainable hotels and resorts.
- St. Lucia: Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the cost of getting a St. Lucia citizenship was cut into half, it is now $250,000 for an individual and $300,000 for a family.
- Portugal: I am sure Portugal appearing on this list is sure to shock you, well, that’s not the most surprising thing here. To become a citizen of the popular European country, all you need to do is take a Portuguese history test.
- New Zealand: This is one of the most peaceful countries on earth, and you sure can buy a citizenship there, but its going to cost a whopping $2 million.
- Vanuatu: You sure might have never heard about this country before – but that doesn’t mean they don’t exist. Vanuatu is 1,000 miles east of Australia, and to get their passport, all you need is a $180,000 non-refundable donation to the island. This fee is same for a family of four.
- Turkey: Another surprise name on this list, and with a real estate investment of $250,000, you can buy your way into Turkey’s Citizenship-by-Investment Program. That sounds like a fair deal to me
So from the list of 12 countries where you can buy citizenship and escape Nigeria, which do you think is the most realistic for you? Let us know via the comment section.