Boko Haram terrorists who ambushed a convoy in Balagallaye village in the Boboshe area outside Bama in Borno state last week, has released a footage of their attacks on troops in the north eastern part of the country.
A military base holding more than 700 soldiers in Yobe state was attacked by the insurgents, which was a second major assault on Nigerian troops in two days. It was gathered that before the attack, soldiers had received a report that “about 100 terrorists” had gathered in Boboshe. An army official reportedly claimed that “troops were mobilized to fight them”, however the Nigerian army suffered casualties as many soldiers were reported missing.
— Terrormonitor.org (@Terror_Monitor) July 13, 2018
This is coming after it was reported that young soldier, Julius was among the casualties killed during a Boko Haram ambush yesterday in Yobe state. According to the Nigerian army in a press statement issued by Colonel Onyema Nwachukwu, the deputy director public relations (Theatre Command Operation Lafiya Dole), the troops encountered the ambush yesterday at about 12.30 noon, along Sasawa Road in Babbangida, Tarmuwa Local Government Area of Yobe state.
Though the troops overpowered and neutralized the insurgents in the fire fight that ensued and successfully extricated themselves from the ambush, however Julius fell in the attack. The press statement reads;
TROOPS ENCOUNTER BOKO HARAM AMBUSH IN SASAWA
1. Troops of 233 Battalion deployed in Operation LAFIYA DOLE have neutralised scores of Boko Haram terrorists today 21 July 2018 along Sasawa Road in Babbangida Local Government Area of Yobe State while countering an ambush staged by elements of Boko Haram terrorists.
2. The troops encountered the ambush during a fighting patrol to clear the general area of fleeing elements of Boko Haram terrorists who have been on rampage for food and logistics.
3. The gallant troops overpowered and neutralized the insurgents in the fire fight that ensued and successfully extricated themselves from the ambush.
4. Information have so far confirmed that the insurgents whose original mission was to attack and loot the near by Babbangida market for food and other logistics aborted the mission to stage the ambush on getting wind of the troops patrol.
5. Unfortunately, while fighting through the ambush, the troops recorded some casualties.
6. The situation has been brought under firm control by the troops and additional troops have been drafted to the area to reinforce the patrol troops.
7. The Air Task Force is on aerial surveillance of the general area to track down fleeing terrorists survivors .
8. The good people of Babbangida Local Government Area and Yobe state in general are urged not to panic but to remain calm and steadfast.
9. You are please requested to disseminate this information to the general public through your reputable medium.
10. Thank you for your kind support and cooperation.
Director Army Public Relations